Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
One team – across the world
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Tripoli is recruiting a member (f/m/d) for the political team, start date 1 August 2023 (or upon agreement)
The post is full time (40 hours/week); contract for one year initially with option of prolongation.
Functions and duties:
- close collaboration with the political team in carrying out the political tasks of the German Embassy Tripoli
- daily media monitoring (including media overview)
- independent research and presentation of information and statistics on political issues development policy issues
- participation in logistical preparation and accompaniment of official visits
- completed Bachelor's degree (Master's level desirable) in political/social sciences, economics or comparable subjects
- several years of professional experience in the political field or in academia; experience in media and public relations desirable
- very good oral and written English and Arabic skills; good German language skills.
- computer skills: basic knowledge in the use of office software, e.g. Microsoft Office, and data processing is required.
- excellent communication skills (writing and oral) and a talent for writing reports
- strong analytical skills
- strong teamplaying skills, good work management and a desire to work independently
- very good knowledge of Libyan and regional politics, economics and society
- ability to work under pressure (including willingness to provide services outside regular working hours), flexibility and reliability
- confident and appropriate behaviour in public
- applicants without Libyan citizenship must have a valid residence and work permit for Libya
The Embassy offers:
- a challenging, varied job with a lot of creative freedom
- predominantly regular working hours
- very good employment and contractual conditions according to Libyan labor and social security law
After a successful selection process, a personal/security check as well as a health check have to be carried out prior to employment. Willingness to cooperate is required.
The Embassy is committed to the professional advancement of women and therefore particularly welcomes applications from qualified women.
Please send your application in German or English with the following documents in pdf format:
- cover letter/letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- University transcripts, work references, and a writing sample (publication, bachelor's/master's thesis, or similar).
by 20 June 2023 via e-mail to vw-s1(at)trip.diplo.de
Please note that the Embassy can only consider complete and timely applications.
Acknowledgements of receipt will not be sent. We will only contact candidates who will be invited for an interview.
The selection process is scheduled for beginning of July 2023 in Tripoli. Reimbursement of travel expenses related to the interview is not possible.
For further information, please contact the administration of the Embassy Tripoli, phone +218 21 3692188 or by mail at info(at)tripolis.diplo.de.
Information on data protection for applicants can be found here.